THE second round of the Toyo Tires MSA British Rallycross Championship took place at Lydden Hill on Easter Monday and saw Northallerton’s Paige Bellerby maintain her 100% record with victory in the SuperNational class.

The 21-year-old Fuchs Titan Race-sponsored driver was battling for the lead in the final in her Lotus Exige with local ace Tristan Ovenden (Renault Clio) when his car expired leaving Bellerby to take the spoils once more after doing likewise at Croft last month. Following Paige home was the MP Groundworks Peugeot 206 of East Harlsey’s Guy Corner who made up for the disappointment of retiring in the opening round.

In the Swift Junior class, Tom Constantine from Richmond was fastest in the opening two qualifying races to secure pole position but could only bring the CBS-backed car home in third place with cousin James Constantine from Dalton-on-Tees claiming sixth in the final.

Leeming ace Kevin Procter qualified his Procter’s Luxury Coaches-backed Ford Fiesta on the front row of the Supercar grid but suffered some mechanical problems before bringing the car home in fifth place whilst Barnard Castle’s ‘Mad’ Mark Watson suffered from clutch problems in his Mend-A-Hose Citroen Xsara throughout the event.

Martin Hawkes from Stockton on Tees was the best of the BMW Mini competitors for the second event in succession winning ahead of championship rivals David Bell from Ferryhill and Northallerton’s Drew Bellerby whilst in the Swift Sport series, Cleasby driver Rob Shield only made it to the semi-final stage before going out.

A Mini Clubman once again finished on the overall Retro podium, on this occasion in the hands of Durham’s Lance Foster who took victory ahead of Stewart Bowes from Stokesley (Mini) whilst Stockton driver Andrew Hawkes along with niece Jennie didn’t make it past the semi-finals in their BMW Minis.

REDCAR SG Petch Bears speedway team rode in the home leg of the Knockout Cup against Peterborough Panthers last week and despite a spirited performance, lost out on the evening and overall.

The Bears were trailing by 10 points after the away leg and unfortunately were without Tobias Busch who injured his ankle in the first leg and was back in Germany for treatment. The Panthers won the first three heats before Bears’ Ben Barker and Charles Wright won the next two heats. The Panthers took control by winning heats six, seven and eight but The Bears came back with wins for Jason Garrity and Barker to reduce The Panther’s lead to six points. The spoils were shared between the two teams in the final heats leaving the final score at 44-46 on the night and an aggregate victory for The Panthers of 95-83.

NORTHALLERTON'S Ethan Hammerton has made the perfect start to the 2017 season having recorded two wins in the first two rounds of the Junior Saloon Car Championship.

The 16-year-old took victory in the opening round at Silverstone in the Walter Thompson Contractors-sponsored Citroen Saxo which he backed up with a fourth place in race two to leave with the series lead going into the next round at Rockingham.

Despite a misfiring engine and a gearbox problem, the young star managed to qualify in third place for both races and after a great start in the opening race, he went on to take his second win of the season whilst setting the fastest lap of the race.

Ethan made another impressive start in race two but whilst battling for the lead, the car suffered a steering problem which resulted in retirement and dropped him to third in the title race going into this weekend’s round at Anglesey.

DURHAM driver Guy Wilks heads to Portugal this weekend aiming to add to the points he scored in the opening round of the FIA World Rallycross Championship in Spain earlier this month.

The Loco Energy and Karting North East-backed driver took the VW Polo to seventh place in Barcelona and is hoping for another good run at the 1.5km Montalegre circuit. Guy has organised for the racing to be streamed live on Sunday at the KNE track at Warden Law whereby all are welcome. Further details are available at