IN division one of the Hillsprint Hambleton Football Combination, league leaders Ripon City hosted second placed Romanby in this top of the table clash.

Ripon took the lead when Duncan Terry put Paul Beesley through to score. Beesley scored a second to give Ripon a 2-0 half time lead. In the second half Terry put Kyle Fox through to score to make it 3-0. Jack Stapley pulled a goal back for Romanby on 65’. Romanby were then awarded a penalty, however, Ripon keeper Dan Brown made a fine save from Scott McNichol's effort.

Romanby piled on the pressure and had three shots cleared off the Ripon goal line. Saul Bamber Lister missed an open goal, however, he scored a second on 85’ for Romanby to produce a tense finish with Ripon holding on to claim the points and maintain their top spot.

Cowtons hosted Sessay Cricket Club and fought out a 3-3 draw. Sessay were 1-0 up at half time through Luke Burnett on 35’. Josh Peirse put Sessay 2-0 up on 56’. Scott Ryan pulled a goal back for Cowtons on 65’ from the penalty spot. He equalised on 80’. Gerry Metcalfe put Cowtons ahead on 87’ which looked like being the winner, however, Dom Atkinson equalised for Sessay on 89’ to claim a share of the points.

The Broughton & Kirby Hibs v Stokesley Wanderers game and Catterick Village v Brompton Academy game were postponed as players were isolating with regard to Covid19.

In division two, top of the table Robert Thompsons visited second placed Durham Ox and won 4-2. A Dan Baxter brace gave Ox a 2-0 lead after 13’. Thompson’s debutant Louis Benoit equalised after 40’. In the second half Ox had Rob Frazer sent off on 58’ for foul and abusive language towards the referee.

This was the turning point of the game as two minutes later Callum Manson equalised and gave them the lead on 80’. On 85’ Alex Karvounis scored a fourth for Thompsons to secure the three points and keep them in top spot.

Third placed Broughton & Kirby Hibs Reserves visited fourth placed Knayton and won 6-1. Flynn Johnson put Broughton 1-0 up after 5’. Owen Davies doubled the score on 10’. Dom Rayner reduced the arrears for Knayton on 18’. Johnson scored his second on 40’ to give Broughton a 3-1 half time lead. In the second half Harry Benfield scored a fourth for Broughton on 60’. Johnson completed his hat trick on 70’ and Ben Readman completed the scoring on 80’ to move his side up to second in the league.

Black Swan, Bedale, playing their first league game of the season visited Streetlam Farmers and won 4-1. Reece Bickerton scored for Swan after 5’. Daniel Hare scored a second with a clean strike on 15’. Jonny Saving made it 3-0 Swan with a tap in on 25’ and Bickerton scored a fourth on 35’, finishing off a neat move to give Swan a 4-0 half time lead. In the second half Streetlam dominated the game but couldn’t find their shooting boots apart from Tom Chapman on 82’ to pull a goal back, but by then it was too little too late. The win puts Black Swan into third place.

Thirsk Town hosted AFC Nags Head, Northallerton and in a very close game won 4-3. A Lee Johnson brace gave Thirsk a 2-0 half time lead. Sam Rayner pulled a goal back for Nags on 55’. Three minutes later Johnson completed his hat trick for Thirsk. Dave Fisher put Thirsk 4-1 up after 67’ before Rayner scored a second for Nags two minutes later and Lee Manamley scored a third for Nags on 77’ to produce a nail-biting finish, however, Thirsk held on to secure the three points.

Top of the third division White Bear, Bedale visited Kirklington, and in a high scoring game, won 7-4. Ed Jerram gave White Bear the lead after 2’. Roy Smith equalised for Kirklington after 9’. Nine minutes later Smith was sent off for violent conduct. A minute later Guy Keeble put Kirklington ahead only for Connor Fraser to equalise for Bear a minute later. Oli Spinks put Bear ahead on 35’ only for Martin Mason to equalise for Kirklington on 41’. In the second half Bear scored a further four goals through a Matty Libera brace and further goals form Danny Libera and Richard Fryer. Guy Keeble scored his second for Kirklington on 62’ to make it 7-4 to White Bear.

Second placed Potting Shed, Northallerton visited Catterick Rovers and won 3-0. Silas Bird gave Shed the lead after 13’. A Luke Macintosh volley at the back post from a corner put Shed 2-0 up. On 41’ Ryan Monaghan White scored from close range after a mix up between the Catterick 'keeper and a defender to make it 3-0 Shed. With 9’ left a Bird shot hit the Catterick post and rebounded to Dan Rafiq who shot home.

Catterick Garrison Football Centre visited Oddies WMC, Northallerton and won 5-1. An Amos Wa Chirwa brace gave Catterick a 2-0 half time lead. An own goal on 49’ put Catterick 4-0 up. Colby Swales pulled a goal back for Oddies on 65’. Wa Chirwa completed his hat trick five minutes later to make it 4-1 Catterick. Raymond Nyambira completed the scoring for Catterick on 92’ to move them up to third in the table.

Leeming United visited Katch, Northallerton at Northallerton Leisure Centre and won 11-1 with goals from Lewis Lumley (four), Ethan Simms (two), Paul Skinner, Jamie Bird, Jake Beckett, Josh Perkins and Stephen Reid. Andrew Osgood scored Katch’s goal. This win moves Catterick up to third in the table.

Fixtures (November 1, 10.30am)

North Riding Sunday Challenge Cup – Round 2: AFC Nags Head, N’ton v AFC Acklam; Durham Ox, N’ton v The Valley, S’boro; Redcar Town Under 23 Royals v Black Swan, Bedale; The Potting Shed, N’ton v Teesside Central.

Division 1: Brompton Academy v Cowtons; Ripon City v Sessay Cricket Club; Stokesley Wanderers v Romanby FC;

Division 2: Broughton & Kirby Hibs Res v Streetlam Farmers; Robert Thompsons, Thirsk v Knayton;

Division 3: Catterick Garrison F.C. v Catterick Rovers; Katch N’ton v Kirklington; Leeming United v Oddies WMC, N’ton.