LEALHOLM are the first division League Champions in their first season in the first division. Second division League Champions Sleights have completed a League and Cups “Treble” on Monday night winning the Panasonic League Division 2 Cup on Friday and the Marisa Trophy on Monday to crown a fantastic season for the second division newcomers.

Division 1

LEALHOLM have been crowned first division league champions without a ball kicked because Royal Oak Malton have quit the League with just one League game to play, all Royal Oak’s records have been deleted, with just league games to play, Rosedale v Wombleton Wanderers, and Kirkbymoorside Res v Wombleton Wanderers nobody can catch Lealholm.

Victory Top (Top Four)

THE Victory Cup competition can’t progress until the two final league games have been played because the outcome of those two game will have a major effect on who finishes as League runners up, third and four placed teams, then the competition can start.

Marisa Trophy (Non-Top Four)

MONDAY night’s final produced a six goal classic, end to end, full of drama. The Sinners who lost two players injured during the warm up took a two goal lead in the opening 7 minutes with a ‘brace’ of David Wilkinson goals scored after 2 and 7 minutes, Jack Henshaw latched onto a through ball to pull a goal back for Sleights in the 10th minute, Sleights equalised on the half hour mark with a Charlie Smith the Sleights skipper a right foot 10 yard shot. Both sides had chances to take the lead prior to the half time break but no further goals were scored.

In the second half Sleights had the most of the ball but the Sinners still had plenty of chances, in the opening ten minutes of the second half Sleights had three good chances, two cleared off the goal line by Harry Skaife and a 18 yard right foot shot by Smith which flew over the crossbar, Sleights took the lead in the 58th minute when Billy Graham scored a fine individual goal beating three men and shooting from10 yards with his right foot. Harvey D’Alquen had a good chance for the Sinners on the hour mark with a fantastic header but the Sleights young keeper Dylan Humble saved superbly. Sinnington’s Jonathon Seller had a well struck 18 yard right foot shot for the Sinners in the 70th minute well saved by Humble, in the 72nd minute Sleights took a two goal lead when Charlie Smith superbly struck a 20 yard left foot shot giving the Sinners keeper no chance with ‘Goal of the Game’. In the 83rd minute Matt Tarry was clean through for the Sinners but Humble saved well.

In the 87th minute the game flared when following a goalmouth incident, both teams were reduced to nine men following red cards issued by Referee Malcolm Lloyd to Paul Harland and Lewis Tillotson (Sinnington), and for Sleights Adam Entwhistle and Jack Henshaw. Sinnington also had Ethan Ward cautioned.

After the game Referee Malcolm Lloyd confirmed that this was his last game after 42 years blowing the whistle.

Man of the Match winners were Aidan Taylor (Sinnington), Charlie Smith (Slights).

To reach the final Sinnington beat Kirkdale United 4-2 in the semi-finals played last week thanks to goals scored by Harvey D’Alquen (2), David Wilkinson, and Matt Tarry with Jon Mitchell the Sinners Man of the Match, for Kirkdale Utd Jack Coldbeck and an own goal.

Sleights beat Rosedale 6-0 thanks to goals scored by Man of the Match Joe Hugill 3, Billy Graham 2, and James Fawcett.

Panasonic League Division 2 Cup

SLEIGHTS completed a second division league and cup double on Friday night winning the Panasonic League Division 2 Cup Final to add to the League Championship and a place in the first division next season in front of a crowd of 105.

A very close game, end to end with both sides missing good chances, the opening 15 minutes saw Sleights on top creating four very good chances, two superbly saved by Slingsby’s Mick Norman in goal, the other two efforts wide of the goal. Slingsby came more and more into the game with Aidan Watson, Lee Timms, and Danny Nunwick all going close, Sleights came back with Charlie Smith having two very good chances but both went wide. Slingsby had strong penalty appeals turned down after 15 ninutes.

In the second half it was similar to the first, Slingsby had Liam Bradley and Sleights had Charlie Patterson caution during the second half, Jack Henshaw for Sleights hit the Slingsby post after 69 minutes, Norman saved two minutes later to prevent Henshaw scoring.

Sleights took the lead five minutes from time when Paterson crossed the ball for Billy Graham to score with a fine right foot shot, within 90 seconds Charlie Patterson had scored to double his sides lead and win the trophy for his side.

Man of the Match winners were Mick Norman (Slingsby), and Charlie Patterson (Sleights).