DARLINGTON BOROUGH COUNCIL (PROHIBITION AND RESTRICTION OF WAITING AND LOADING) CONSOLIDATION ORDER 2012 (AMENDMENT NO. 14) AND (ON STREET PARKING PLACES) CONSOLIDATION ORDER 2012 (AMENDMENT NO. 6) ORDER 2016Notice ID: BR3252374
DARLINGTON BOROUGH COUNCIL (PROHIBITION AND RESTRICTION OF WAITING AND LOADING) CONSOLIDATION ORDER 2012 (AMENDMENT NO. 14) AND (ON STREET PARKING PLACES) CONSOLIDATION ORDER 2012 (AMENDMENT NO. 6) ORDER 2016
Notice is hereby given that Darlington Borough Council has made an Order under Sections 1, 2,4,32, 35, 45, 46,47, 49 and 53 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and of the Traffic Management Act 2004. The effect of the Order, which comes into operation on the 16th January 2017, isto:-
1. amend the length of Park Lane affected by the no waiting and no loading/ unloading at anytime restriction; and to introduce that restriction in parts of Woodland Road andWycliffeWay;
2. amend the no waiting atanytime restriction in parts ofAdelaide Street, Holmwood Grove, Kellaw Road, Milbank Road, St John's Place and Woodland Road; to removethatrestriction from partofNorth Road; and to introduce thatrestriction in parts ofAllan Street; B6275 between 2 junctions of A67; Blackwell Lane; Bowes Court; Carmel Road North; Cleveland Terrace; Cobden Street; Darlington Road, Sadberge; Edinburgh Drive; Geneva Road; Grange Road, Darlington; Grange Road WestBack; Greencroft Close; HummersknottAvenue; Kendal Close; Kensington Gardens; Kielder Drive; Leconfield; Manor Road; Morton Park Way; Morton Road; Park Lane; Pease Street; Progress Way; Ridgeway; Salters Lane South; Selbourne Terrace; Staindrop Road; Teesdale Avenue;
The Broadway; The Byway; The Causeway; The Crossway; The Green, Piercebridge; Upsall Drive; and Wycliffe Way;
3. amend the length ofProgress Wayaffected bytheno waiting 8am to 6pm restriction;
4. amend the on streetpayand displayparking places in Gladstone Street from being effective Mon to Sat8am to 6pm to being effective all days. Charge - 50p for each 30 mins or part thereof; maximum stay - 2 hours;
5. amend the length ofParkLane affected by2 hour limited waiting Mon to Sat9am-5pm.
The notice which was published on the 11th November 2016 in respectof this Order also indicated thatitis proposed to introduce no waiting atany time in parts ofHirstGrove and Harris Street. The decision on whether or not to proceed with these changes has been deferred; a further notice will be published iftheyare to beimplemented. The no waiting restriction being introduced in partofRidgewaywas originallytobe partofthe Darlington Borough Council (Prohibition and Restriction of Waiting and Loading) Consolidation Order 2012 (Amendment No.9) and (On Street Parking Places) Consolidation Order 2012(AmendmentNo.3) Order 2016; however, its introduction was deferred atthe time the other restrictions contained in that Order were introduced and is nowpartofthis Order. Acopyofthe Order maybe examined free ofcharge during the hours of9am to4.30pm Monday to Friday inclusive at the Town Hall, Feethams, Darlington. If you wish to question the validity of the Order or any provision of it on the grounds that it is not within the power of the relevant section of the Road Traffic Regulation Act1984 or ofanyrequirementofthatActor anyenactmentmade under it has notbeen complied with in relation to the Order you maywithin sixweeks from the date ofthis notice applyto the High Courtfor this purpose.
Dated 17th December 2016 Luke Swinhoe, AssistantDirector, Lawand Governance