Report this comment
  • "
    Lionel1 wrote:
    A terrible result for the club both on and off the pitch, especially with the move back to the town. It would have been perfect to return on the back of another promotion and use the feel good factor to encourage more fans down to BM. Some difficult decisions ahead for the Board possibly starting with the Managers future. Most sides have a bogey team and unfortunately Ramsbottom is Darlo's...
    Really?! what planet are you on. Successive promotions in any league is a challenge and to come so close is a real achievement. The club are in a much better financial position then 12 months ago which will only improve after we move.
    Written by a fan who has been to most home games this season and a number of away games and not a key board warrior."
  • This field is mandatory
  • This field is mandatory
  • Please note we will not accept reports with HTML tags or URLs in them.

  • Enter the above word in the box below

Match report: Darlington 0 Ramsbottom 2

First published in Sport
Last updated
Darlington and Stockton Times: Photograph of the Author by

Full-time: Darlington 0 Ramsbottom 2

Darlington will remain in the First Division of the Evo-Stik League after they lost their play-off semi-final with Ramsbottom on a hugely controversial night at Heritage Park.

First-half goals from Billy Priestley and Jordan Hulme secured Ramsbottom a place in Saturday's play-off final against Bamber Bridge.

However, the final scoreline told only half the story as Darlington finished with nine men and also had manager Martin Gray sent to the stands.

Referee Kevin Mulraine infuriated Darlington's players when he failed to send off Ramsbottom full-back Owen Roberts for an awful first-minute challenge that led to Leon Scott leaving the field on a stretcher.

Stephen Thompson was sent off at the start of the second half after he picked up a second booking for diving, and Jordan Robinson was also dismissed in the final minute after he also received a second yellow card for a foul.

Ramsbottom opened the scoring in the 24th minute when Priestley headed home Grant Spencer's corner, and doubled their lead shortly after the half-hour mark when Hulme dribbled in from the left flank and slotted home.

More follows soon....

Comments (5)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree