RIDERS were in action at a windy, remote and rugged Hurst on Sunday, where Richmond Motor Club staged the Noel Peacock Memorial Trial, which attracted 104 competitors.

Coverdale gamekeeper Will Reynolds made his debut as a clerk of course licence holder for the Richmond club. His work yielded a low-scoring effort for many on the 12-section course for the nine competing classes.

Mintex Trial organiser Nathan Stones had his fingers in the operation, as custodian of the area for his national summer youth frolic against the clock. The three laps followed the usual hard/green and clubman routes through the sections.

Jonathan Richardson got into his stride on his Beta UK machine to win overall from Richard Sadler and Rob Waite. Richardson only had his boot down once, in section ten on his third lap where observer Louise Stones awarded the Skeeby rider with his only penalty.

Richard Sadler lost a mark early on, section three lap one when the back wheel of MRS Sherco glided across an angled rock step. Skipton’s John Sunter fired his Montesa machine with such vigor the machine looped and chucked its owner into the stream!

James Stone and Carlton’s Matthew Maynard posted great rides to finish third and fourth overall. Stockton’s Roger Williams took the Green course premier from Jonathan Hillary after a close run challenge.

LEAVENING’S Adam Milner held off a strong challenge from Northallerton’s Guy Kendrew by three marks to win the Scarborough DMC trial at Low North Park, Harwood Dale, on Sunday. Milner pulled off a superb clean on his last lap on the difficult eighth section to pull clear as Kendrew lost two marks.

A good result for the trialling Chapman brothers from Middlesbrough, but Colin would suffer a talkative ride home as Barry produced a superb ride to reverse their position of recent weeks to win Clubman A class. Barry – the younger – now adapting to the four stroke power of the Montesa, produced best rides of the day on sections five and eight, leaving Colin in the unfamiliar runner-up spot.

Fryup’s Nikita Smith put in a solid ride to grab runnerup berth to Stockton’s Rob Carter in the Intermediate class. The young lady managed to hold off a strong challenge from two more experienced riders, Ben Myers and Shane Monkman.

A GLORIOUS day for Northallerton DMC on Sunday for their Girsby Clubman/ Twinshock Trial.

Thirsk rider Nigel Todd kept mistakes to a minimum to earn the win that has been promising for a while, by a four mark margin from Chris Stelling.

Clerk of course Nigel Rooksby gave the 70-entry their money’s worth, devising a four-lap, 12-section course that swept down through green fields to the very edge of the River Tees. The sections proved tricky rather than difficult.

Fancied runner Phil Manton suffered early; his Montesa coughing and dying on the first section. But it was the steep plunge over roots of Cec Tate’s section to career wildly downhill.

Mick Orange was annoyed after his Fantic refused to halt, as did the heavy Enfields of Ken Winspear and Dennis Galvin who left with a maximum.

Jimmy Whitworth, in his first trial crashed spectacularly, but got up smiling to carry on.

Shane Monkman kept his run of good form going to win Twinshock by just two marks from veteran Bell on an asthmatic Merlin, and Mark Hardy, aboard his beautiful prepared Fantic a further three marks down in third.

Young Richard Pulman, Youth C winner, put in a good ride.