LEAGUE leaders Hawes United remain on course for the treble as they reached the semi-finals of the Dales Cup last Saturday with a 3-1 victory over Unicorn FC. A first-half slip from Unicorn goalkeeper Danny Dale presented Steven Calvert with the opportunity to give Hawes a first half lead which he doubled on the hour.

Wilf Dinsdale was then brought down in the area by Dale and Calvert scored from the resulting penalty to complete his hat-trick, but Unicorn rallied with a goal from Mark Cobb 20 minutes from time.

However, it was too little, too late and Hawes marched on to another final.

In the league, Colburn Town increased their unbeaten run to 15 matches with an 8-0 thrashing of Reeth. Stu Murray and Tom Sweeney arrived having scored 65 goals between them this season and they added another five here; Murray completing a hat-trick and Sweeney hitting a brace.

Mickey Brend, Si McGuiness and Adam Palmer then completed the rout as Colburn warmed up for this week’s Medals Shields final against Hawes United in fine style.

Richmond Buck Inn and Catterick Garrison Football Centre shared four second half goals in an incident-packed encounter at Kneeton Park. It was a first half to forget for Catterick’s Jez Mortimer as he missed a penalty and was then sent off just before the break.

The Buck looked in control when Scott Healey and then a penalty from Mickey White gave them a 2-0 advantage by the hour, but the ten-men fought back. With 15 minutes left, Michael Birdsall put them right back into it and then with time running out, Birdsall converted the game’s third penalty to ensure it finished with honours even.

Richmond Mavericks Reserves beat Carperby Rovers 4-1 at Easby. Ben Smith’s first-half strike for the hosts was cancelled out by Rovers’ Kalem Stanger before the break, but Scott Fenney, David Andrews and Darren Mathews won it for the Mavs in the second half.

Richmond Town Academy moved off the bottom of the table with a 3-0 home success against Catterick Rovers, who replaced them at the foot of the table. After a tight, goalless first half, Chris Coyle, Charlie Job and substitute John Wright gave the Academy a fourth win of the season to lift them to the giddy heights of ninth place.