Report this comment
  • "Is this one of Mr Milliband's migrants who is "good" for the UK?"
  • This field is mandatory
  • This field is mandatory
  • Please note we will not accept reports with HTML tags or URLs in them.


  • Enter the above word in the box below

Identity released of man wanted in connection with attempted rape in North Ormesby

Darlington and Stockton Times: WANTED MAN: Police issue picture of 26-year-old Cezar Florea wanted in connection with a sex attack in Middlesbrough. WANTED MAN: Police issue picture of 26-year-old Cezar Florea wanted in connection with a sex attack in Middlesbrough.

AN urgent appeal been issued by detectives attempting to trace a man wanted in connection with an attempted rape in Middlesbrough.

Cleveland Police has released a picture of 26-year-old Cezar Florea, who is of Romanian origin and has links to the Stockton, Middlesbrough and London areas, after the victim suffered serious injuries.

The brutal attack happened as a 51-year-old woman was walking to work at about 6am on Saturday, June 7 on the A66 North Ormesby flyover near Lytton Street.

She suffered serious injuries, including a broken shoulder and broken nose and underwent hospital treatment. The victim remained in hospital for more than a week for treatment to her injuries including an operation of her broken shoulder.

A Cleveland Police spokeswoman said: “We would like to speak to him as a matter of urgency in relation to the incident. He may have tried to change his appearance by growing a beard or moustache. Members of the public are asked not to approach him, but to call 999 if they see him.”

Detectives received about 20 calls and had more than 20,000 views of the footage on the force’s social media services, while a further 4,000 people viewed still images of the man when they released CCTV images earlier this month.

The victim was saved from a potentially more brutal attack when a man came to her aid, chasing the suspect who ran off towards North Ormesby.

A 29-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of attempted rape in the West Yorkshire area and was later released on police bail, but he has since been eliminated from police inquiries.

Following the attack, Detective Sergeant Jon Hagen, of the Major Crime Team, appealed for anyone who saw the man in Middlesbrough town centre, especially the Linthorpe and Borough Roads area, from about 4am up to 6am to come forward.

He said: “It may be that people may have been out socialising or travelling to or from work and they have seen this man in the town centre or hanging around between there and the North Ormesby flyover.”

Anyone who may have information as to Cezar Florea’s whereabouts is asked to contact Cleveland Police on 101.

Local Businesses

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree