Send us your pictures, video, news and views by texting DST to 80360 or email us
Durham masterplan pulled 'for more consultation'
A MASTERPLAN aimed at attracting £850m of private sector investment has been pulled from a council agenda at short notice.
Durham County Council’s cabinet had been due to debate the Durham City Masterplan today (Wednesday, September 18).
However, the council’s Labour leader Simon Henig said the discussion had been deferred to allow more consultation with local councillors.
Liberal Democrat leader Amanda Hopgood, whose Newton Hall ward lies within Durham City, said no consultation had taken place.
“I am pleased that we will now have the opportunity to discuss it and I hope that our comments will be taken on board by the council before the report comes back to cabinet.
“For councillors to have found out in the press and in cabinet documents about such a major plan was clearly wrong.”
No date for the masterplan to return to the cabinet was announced.
Comments are closed on this article.