Man hospitalised and Darlington street cordoned off in gas emergency (From Darlington and Stockton Times)
Send us your pictures, video, news and views by texting DST to 80360 or email us
Man hospitalised and Darlington street cordoned off in gas emergency
A MAN was taken to hospital and a Darlington street cordoned off after reports of a gas leak.
Firefighters, paramedics and police were called to a house in Barden Moor Road, in Darlington, at about noon today (Thursday, August 29) after a resident reported a strong smell of gas coming from the property.
A 100-metre police cordon was put around the area and the man in his 50s was taken to Darlington Memorial Hospital where he was checked out but is believed to be fit and well.
Transco gas emergencies also attended the property but found there was not enough gas in the atmosphere to create the risk of an explosion.
A Durham Police spokeswoman said it is thought the incident was the result of a gas appliance being left on and not a leak.
Comments are closed on this article.