Home owners had lucky escape from fire after smoke alarms failed. (From Darlington and Stockton Times)
Send us your pictures, video, news and views by texting DST to 80360 or email us
Home owners had lucky escape from fire after smoke alarms failed.
5:39pm Tuesday 5th March 2013 in News
SMOKE DETECTORS: A couple had a lucky escape after logs piled around an internal log-burner caught fire and filled the house with smoke.
North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue were called to a house in Branton Green in Great Ouseburn, near Boroughbridge on Monday just before 6pm.
Fire crews said the two smoke detectors in the house were not working but luckily the occupants of the house were alerted by a carbon monoxide alarm.
It caused a lot of smoke but no one was hurt, and the home owners were given new smoke detectors.