Send us your pictures, video, news and views by texting DST to 80360 or email us
Four Darlington FC fans banned for rest of season after fight with rival supporters
A NON-LEAGUE football club has banned four supporters who fought with rival fans at a game.
Darlington FC took the action after an incident at Billingham Town earlier this month.
The Northern League game, at Billingham’s Bedford Terrace ground, was delayed for ten minutes when the fight broke out between a small number of fans.
Police attended but no one was arrested, and Darlington went on to win the game 7-1.
Last night (October 31), Darlington FC condemned the actions of the fans, and vowed not to let the disorder damage their reputation.
Chairman Denis Pinnegar said: “Darlington FC is a community based organisation which aims to create a family friendly environment at all its games.
“We will not tolerate this type of behaviour and will work closely with our supporters, other clubs and outside agencies to eradicate these incidents."
Meanwhile, Darlington FC fans planning to boycott the team’s game against West Auckland Town on November 10 will not carry out protests at the ground.
Supporters were left upset when West Auckland doubled admission charges to £10 for the match, which the club said was needed to finance extra stewarding to cover Darlington’s strong fan base.
Fears had been raised some followers would protest at the match, but the organiser of an online campaign to boycott the game said he doubted it would happen.
He said: “I think most of the fans will either go to the Bishop Auckland and Dunston UTS game at Heritage Park or stay at home.
“The idea of a protest has been discussed by some fans on forums, but I don't think there are any serious plans to do it.”
Comments are closed on this article.